Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Let's get real about this

Sometimes I think I developed a pattern of staying awake all night because I must be a degenerate or antisocial, because I worked the graveyard shift for too many years and it permanently destroyed my internal clock... but when I inevitably fall back into the rhythm of staying up all night over a short weekend off from work, seemingly like clockwork, the more I realize that night time really and truly is the right time and it brings me peace to be awake and alive while the world is asleep.  Of course I realize that it's day time on the other side of the world, but it's night time for my immediate location and that's what I'm talking about - it provides me with a sense of comfort, invincibility and the potential for endless possibility.  

Darkness and quiet seem to spark this creative flow in me that the day time never has.  I can't fathom frantically documenting a list of art projects and starting on the one that excites me the most first thing in the morning.  I don't think I've ever felt the urge to dance, completely uninhibited and without shame, while the neighbors were cutting their lawn in the midday sun.  Inspiration comes to me when the moon is out, the streets are clear and the neighborhood is asleep.  I spend all day waiting for it. 

The night is alive
My creations come to me
When you are sleeping

See?  It's night time and I wrote a shitty haiku.  #Inspiration 

But seriously, I have so many ideas for what I want to do with this thing and I'm very excited to start fresh.  Things you can expect to see here in the future:
- Details and documentation of an upcoming trip to Berlin to see one of my favorite bands of all time and all of my excitement leading up to it
- Candid overanalysis of day to day ridiculousness that is sure to make you chuckle (I already hate myself for the use of the word chuckle, but I'm committed to it now)
- Practicing self-awareness in a (hopefully) touching and relatable manner
- Things that inspire me
- Probably other stuff guaranteed

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll see you out there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment