Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Germany awaits

My love for Rammstein transcends the boundaries of political geography and accommodating account balances (well, technically I saved my ass off and paid cash for this whole thing, but still... I went all out and paid more than I needed to so that I can really enjoy myself). I will be travelling from Denver, Colorado to Berlin, Germany in June of this year to attend two back to back concerts in July.  To say that I am excited is the understatement of the century. 

Is it sad that I'm only just now travelling outside of my home country for the first time at 34 years old?  Probably, but the United States is a funny place that absolutely set me up for my late blooming in the realm of travel.  For better or worse, most citizens here are not raised with world travel in mind and we're definitely not set up to want to leave unless someone or something truly inspires or requires us.  This is not a slam against my home country, just an observation.  I was raised to be content with, and more importantly financially unable to escape, my home.  But I've grown up, made a career for myself and realized, fully realized, that I have the ability to travel farther away from home than just the coasts.  It is both terrifying and amazing, but I'll confirm one way or the other in a few short months. 

Concert tickets in hand, flight paid for and seats selected, comfortable and accommodating room with a view reserved... Now all I have left to acquire is the passport, the vaccinations and my Berlin welcome card which gets me access to public transportation and most of the museums for cheap to free.  I'm ready to solo travel across the Atlantic and drink my way through the land of my ancestors.  My apologies in advance, Berlin. 😘🖤


No comments:

Post a Comment