Sunday, March 15, 2020

Till The End

Esoteric hot topic of the day: is this considered a glow up or a significant downward spiral? My vote is for glow up, but all I really know is that Valentine's day has been / will be ruined for many fans of this man today as they are now / will soon be deeply offended by the Till The End video and I'm following all of the posts on various social media outlets to revel in the whining in real time (because I'm displacing to distract myself from unrelated unnecessary drama in my own life). 😎👍

My personal opinion: my logical assumption, not backed by any published statistics or anything, leads me to believe that not many people make their debut in the adult film industry at nearly 60 years old, so congratulations to him, even if this is his only venture.  I also think it's probably exhausting when people constantly hound you and openly, aggressively sexualize you to the extent that they do to Till Lindemann, so this seems like a valid response to that if for no other reason than... I don't know, providing very specific entertainment for those aggressors?  I honestly believe that this video will probably do more to prevent people from doing that in person than actively encouraging it because it is highly specific, niche even, and pretty intense.  

Mostly I'm unsurprised, only very mildly disgusted (read: not disgusted at all, more 🤷), but still 100% on board for this dude to continue being a creep because it's refreshing and deeply entertaining.  I've been a fan of his work for 23 years at this point and I particularly love that he's still capable of shocking people and keeping it weird. 👍

I would also like to note that Puritans will respond to this as expected - taking offense, rallying to scold or remove support or whatever other thing that they do, but I would argue that there are worse things going on in the world than producing a video of something that's been happening for decades in hotel rooms around the world. 😂 

No comments:

Post a Comment